Wednesday, November 26, 2008

Thanksgiving: Dessert!

I know I'm a bit late, sorry!!

If you've been reading my blog for even a short amount of time, you'll know that I love to bake (and eat) anything sweet. So how could I not share a few dessert recipes for Thanksgiving?

The photo is from last Thanksgiving.. lots of sweets! This wasn't even all of it, there was a couple more pies on the table. lol

So this is what I'm making this year:

Pumpkin Torte
2 c crushed graham crackers
1/3 c sugar
½ c melted butter
2 eggs
¾ c sugar
8 oz cream cheese, softened
2 c pumpkin
3 egg yolks (save whites)
½ tsp salt
½ c sugar
1 tsp cinnamon
½ c milk
1 envelope plain gelatin
¼ c cold water
3 egg whites
¼ c sugar

-Mix crushed graham crackers, 1/3 c sugar and melted butter. Line a 9x13 pan with mixture.
-Beat 2 eggs, ¾ c sugar and cream cheese. Spread on top of graham cracker mixture. Bake 2 minutes at 350 degrees. Let cool.
-Combine pumpkin, 3 egg yolks, salt, ½ c sugar, cinnamon and milk. Cook until thick.
-Mix gelatin and water. Add to pumpkin mixture. Let cool.
-Beat 3 egg whites and ¼ c sugar until stiff. Fold into cold pumpkin mixture. Pour over cooled crust and refrigerate.

Lattice-Top Sour Cherry Pie from this book. I've linked to this book a couple times before. I love it. I made this pie in the summer after we picked a bunch of sour cherries and I froze some to save for Thanksgiving. It was delicious!! And here's an interesting little fact: Michigan produces about 75% of the country's red tart cherries!

And for my Georgia boy: Chocolate Pecan Pie from Martha Stewart. You can find the recipe here. I've never made this (I usually just make a regular pecan pie), so I'm anxious to see how it tastes.

What are you making for tomorrow?

No comments: