Wednesday, November 5, 2008

A way to help

The other day, SouleMama shared a project she's been working on called Mama To Mama. Her first project is to make caps for newborns that will be distributed in Safe Birthing Kits in northern Haiti. On the Mama To Mama blog, she has more information and you can also download a PDF with directions and a pattern to make the caps (and an address to send them to once you're finished). They look super easy and they're made out of repurposed t-shirts! Everyone has a few old t-shirts around, right?

I also love this quote that's on her new blog: "I expect to pass through this world but once. Any good thing, therefore, that I can do or any kindness I can show to any fellow creature, let me do it now. Let me not defer or neglect it for I shall not pass this way again." -Stephen Grellet

No comments: