Wednesday, March 18, 2009

banana pudding

I don't know why, but every spring I start thinking about banana pudding. I really love banana pudding. I looked online for a recipe but they all called for things I didn't have, like sweetened condensed milk or cream cheese. Plus it seems like it would be way too rich (has anyone tried it with stuff like that in it? is it good?). So I didn't follow a recipe. It's so simple.. I don't know why I looked for a recipe in the first place or why I don't make it more often. I feel sort of silly posting this as a "recipe" because it's so stinking easy but it's soooooo good. :)

Here's what you need:
- 1 big box of vanilla instant pudding mix
- cool whip (I used about 1/2 of a 12oz tub)
- box of Nilla Wafers (I used about 1/2 of the box. maybe a little less)
- bananas, sliced. I used three

Make the pudding following the directions on the box and put in in the fridge for a few minutes. You can mix the pudding and the cool whip together if you want.. I didn't but I think it might be easier/faster if you do. Then just layer the nilla wafers, bananas, pudding and cool whip until you've used up all the pudding. Let it sit in the fridge for a while so the cookies get all soft and yummy and enjoy!

1 comment:

Maxine from Texas said...

I also LOVE banana pudding! I have memories of my grandmother's...yumm!!I use her recipe and it just uses regular milk - and sugar and no cool whip, not so low fat but delicious! It doesn't have any fake ingredients, but maybe I could come up with a way to use something besides refined white sugar. I'll have to try that out the next time I make it. The best is eating it the next day...I think I'll have to whip up a batch now!