Monday, March 16, 2009

get crafty

This past weekend we went to a little boy's first birthday party. I had made this little stuffed elephant ages ago just for fun and I thought it would be great for him (Um, I actually forgot all about it until I cleaned my closet a couple weeks ago and discovered it again!). I'm sure he'll love it more than I have. :) The pattern and directions are from Last-Minute Patchwork + Quilted Gifts.
(Look at his cute little tail!)
Now that we're (sort of) on the topic of craft books, omg there are a ton out right now that I want. But I got a few for Christmas that I haven't made anything from yet, and I have some older ones (like the one I mentioned above) that I only made one or two things from so far. I can't really justify getting new books when I haven't utilized the ones I already have, you know?
So I came up with an idea. A craft book challenge. I'm going to make at least four things from all of my older craft books and two from my newer ones before I can buy anything new. If there isn't four things I want to make, I'm going to sell the book on eBay. Sounds like a good plan right? But, I am going to separate the knitting books and the sewing books because I only have two knitting books and I really, really want more. Play along if you'd like! I'll post more on what I'm making soon..

No comments: